- Can I apply for a refund of my taxi fare?
- Why is my bus or train late?
- Can I take a pram or another large item onboard a bus or train?
- Why does the electronic sign at my stop show a different time rather than the timetable or when the bus comes?
- Why don't students stand for adults?
- Transfers - how long do I have when travelling using my go card?
- Registering my go card - what's the benefit?
- Incorrect charge on my go card - what do I do?
- I would like you to move or remove a bus stop
- I have found a go card - what do I do?
Can I apply for a refund of my taxi fare?
TransLink does everything possible to operate to our published timetables. Unfortunately, there are many circumstances out of our control that may affect our services from running on-time.
Unexpected disruptions affect all transport modes including private vehicles, taxis and public transport.
We apologise that we are unable to assist you with this request.
Why is my bus or train late?
The reliability of our bus services is important to us.
We make every effort to run services on time and keep to our published timetables. Unfortunately, there are many unpredictable factors and disruptions that can prevent our services from running on-time.
Buses - for example:
- variable traffic conditions and road congestion
- changes in the numbers of passengers boarding bus services
- adverse weather conditions
- traffic accidents
- road works and construction
- mechanical problems with buses.
Trains - for example:
- track and rollingstock issues
- changes in the numbers of passengers boarding train services
- adverse weather conditions
- safety issues
- police incidents
We are working hard to introduce real-time technology to improve timetable and service information. It will also help us review and manage service reliability more effectively.
Can I take a pram or another large item onboard a bus or train?
You can take prams, surfboards, golf bags and other large items on TransLink services that are equipped to do so. You may be refused travel or directed to use off-peak services if you have items which may inconvenience other passengers or which may pose a safety hazard.
More information about: how to travel with children, prams or large items.
Why does the electronic sign at my stop show a different time rather than the timetable or when the bus comes?
Electronic signs at bus stops are not connected to bus GPS systems and are not real-time displays of arrival and departure times.
Times shown on these boards are based on previous arrival times. Due to heavy traffic or other issues, services may run outside of these times or in some circumstances be cancelled altogether.
True real-time technology is a priority for TransLink and we hope to implement this service in the future.
Why don't students stand for adults?
We encourage all customers to use common courtesy and give up their seat to those who need it.
Our guidelines ask school children to give up their seat for adults. However these are guidelines only and not legally enforceable.
Transfers - how long do I have when travelling using my go card?
Your go card will automatically calculate one overall fare for a journey, as long as you stay within the transfer limits.
Things to remember:
- you can transfer up to three times during a single journey
- you have up to five hours to complete a single journey, from touching on at the start to touching off at the end
- you have up to 60 minutes between touching off one service and touching on the next
We researched a number of options for the transfer times and the maximum number of transfers allowed on a single go card journey. Our research found that these are reasonable limits for customers taking a single journey.
Registering my go card - what's the benefit?
- Protect your balance - if your registered go card is lost or stolen, then the balance is protected from when you advise us.
- Manage your account online - top up, check your balance, transaction history and update your personal details.
- Manage your account by calling us on 13 12 30 - top up, check your balance, request transaction history and update your personal details.
Incorrect charge on my go card - what do I do?
Call 13 12 30 and request a balance adjustment.
Requests to adjust your go card balance can take up to 10 working days. This time allows us to investigate your request thoroughly. In some cases, it may take us longer if a higher level of investigation is required.
If a device fault is found, your claim is approved and an adjustment is made to your go card. When this happens you will see an increase in your go card balance.
If no fault is found, no adjustment will be made.
I would like you to move or remove a bus stop
Write to TransLink with any requests or concerns.
In your letter, make sure you include the following:
- exact location of the stop
- reason for removal/location
- your contact name, address and telephone number
We will investigate and get in contact with you regarding the matter.
I have found a go card - what do I do?
Send the card to:
TransLink Cardholder Support
Reply Paid 83865
BRISBANE QLD 4001
NB: No stamp is required.