Our website uses Google Maps to make it easier to understand and use public transport and go cards. With these maps, you can:
- see the location of stops, stations, routes and go card retailers
- zoom in and out on maps
- zoom to a stop/station location or route on journey planner
- switch between satellite, hybrid and street view.
This is a new service and there are some limitations. While we continue to work on our maps, please keep the following in mind:
- Bus, train and ferry stops/stations are usually accurate within 20 metres.
- Bus stops may temporarily move or services may temporarily change route, and these temporary changes will not be reflected on our maps. Check service updates for the latest information.
- Route maps are indicative only, and are not always mapped precisely to roads or railway tracks.
- There may be slight differences between Google's map view, satellite view and street view.
- Google's maps are not always up-to-date. For example, they may not yet show some road infrastructure changes or changes to public transport infrastructure. Checking satellite view may be useful if you are not sure the map is up-to-date.
- TransLink's train station marker may not be in the same place as Google's train icon. TransLink's marker is usually near the station office or main entrance. Google is usually the middle of the station.
If you find any incorrect information in our maps, please notify us using the feedback form, providing as much detail as you can so we can identify the problem and correct it.