|Where||Horton Parade, near Cornmeal Parade and Sunseeker Parade, Maroochydore|
|New station operational by||25 November 2013|
|Contact us||Phone: 5451 7055
What is the Maroochydore station?
The new Maroochydore bus station is located on Horton Parade near Cornmeal and Sunseeker Parade, near Sunshine Plaza. The bus station will provide a modern, high-quality facility for Sunshine Coast commuters with better access to services and improved bus service reliability.
The new Maroochydore bus station will include:
- six bus bays for TransLink services (three on either side of Horton Parade)
- high-quality bus shelters with seating, lean rails and timetable information
- safety features including 24-hour security cameras and lighting
- secure bicycle storage
- bus layover and bus drivers’ facilities
- urban design funded by Sunshine Coast Council that includes high-quality streetscaping, landscaping, public artwork and end-of-trip facilities with showers and toilets.
What are the benefits?
The Maroochydore station will help to:
- provide safe, high-quality waiting facilities for customer comfort
- benefit the local Sunshine Coast community by providing better access for customers and improving timetable reliability for all buses servicing the area
- improve public transport efficiency and accommodate for growth in the area
- help reduce traffic congestion around the Sunshine Plaza precinct, the largest traffic generator on the Sunshine Coast
- encourage more people to use public transport for most of their journey to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions: 1 full bus = 40 fewer cars.
How will this affect me?
Whilst minor construction works continue to complete the new bus station, the two new bus platforms will continue to remain open.
Maroochydore station is serviced by the following local bus routes (click on your route below to view your latest timetable):
As construction works continue to complete the new station, we will continue to keep you informed of any changes to your bus services. Please keep an eye on the TransLink website for future updates.
Construction of the bus station began in mid-April 2013. The north and southbound platforms became operational on 25 November 2013, with works continuing on landscaping and the public amenities buildings on the eastern side of Horton Parade. The project is expected to be complete by late January 2014, with the arbour structure to be installed in March.
During the construction period, works will take place from Monday to Saturday between 6am and 6pm. To minimise disruption to traffic on Horton Parade, some out-of-hours works (including night works) may be required.
There may be some temporary lane closures on Horton Parade, however two-lane access will generally be maintained with reduced speed limits in place. Pedestrian access will be maintained, however there may be some diversions to provide a safe boundary around the construction area. Signage and traffic controllers will also be in place to safely direct motorists, cyclists and pedestrians around the works.
There will be minor construction impacts for nearby businesses including some noise, minor traffic disruptions, and the possibility of some dust during some construction phases.
- Changes to access at Horton Parade/Sunseeker Parade/Cornmeal Parade intersection (PDF, 105KB)
- November 2012 Maroochydore station project update (PDF, 1.26MB)
- April 2012 Maroochydore station project update (PDF, 2.42MB)
- November 2011 Maroochydore station project update (PDF, 4.21MB)
- August 2010 Maroochydore station update (PDF, 1.80MB)
We will continue to update the community as the project progresses.