|Where||Waterworks Road, The Gap|
|New park 'n' ride operational by||Mid 2013 (weather permitting)|
|Contact us||Email: email@example.com
* Higher call rates apply from mobile phones and pay phones. STD rates will apply if calling outside of Queensland.
Stage 1 construction works to upgrade the section of Waterworks Road that runs adjacent to the park 'n' ride was completed in October 2012.
Stage 2 construction works to construct the park 'n' ride facility are currently underway.
We will continue to update the community as the project progresses.
What is The Gap (Enoggera Reservoir) park 'n' ride?
The Gap (Enoggera Reservoir) park 'n' ride is part of TransLink's $48 million Station Upgrade Program and will provide:
- parking for approximately 85 vehicles
- bus station with four bus bays
- sheltered and secure platforms with comfortable seating and lighting
- a kiss 'n' ride area for dropping off and picking up bus passengers
- driver's amenity facility
- bus lay-over accommodating four bus bays
- direct pedestrian and bicycle access with secure bicycle storage
- security cameras and lighting
- extensive landscaping using more than 13,000 native plants.
This means people can safely park their cars and transfer to a bus to complete their journey. This encourages more people to use public transport for most of their journey.
View more artist's impressions:
- Newsletter 1 - introductory newsletter to residents (PDF, 1.76MB)
- Newsletter 2 - design progressing well on Enoggera Reservoir park 'n' ride (PDF, 1.76MB)
- Project update - Construction progressing well (PDF, 1.7MB)
What will construction involve?
The new park 'n' ride is expected to be operational around mid 2013, weather permitting.
In addition to the park 'n' ride, the project team have recently completed upgrading the section of Waterworks Road and its footpaths that run adjacent to the park 'n' ride site to improve accessibility for local road users and park 'n' ride customers.
This first stage of construction work to upgrade Waterworks Road was completed in October 2012. Construction of the park 'n' ride and new bus station are currently underway and will take approximately six months to complete, weather permitting.
During construction, signage and traffic controllers will direct road users around works and every effort will be made to keep disruptions to a minimum. Pedestrian access will also be maintained at all times.
A temporary bus stop will be set up during construction to ensure customers are able to safely access their bus service.
Upgrading Waterworks Road (Stage 1) - Complete
Improvements to Waterworks Road included:
- regrading and widening the road
- establishing new kerb and gutter
- footpath improvements
- introducing a bicycle lane.
Any changes to current services?
There are no planned changes to bus services in the area.
Any changes to traffic conditions?
Signage and traffic controllers will direct road users around eventual construction works as required.
We will try to keep disruptions to a minimum.