Thursday 12 July 2012
Tracks to close on the Beenleigh and Gold Coast lines
From first train on Saturday 14 July to the last train on Sunday 15 July
Buses will replace trains on the Beenleigh and Gold Coast lines this weekend.
TransLink spokesperson Andrew Christie said the tracks would be closed between Dutton Park and Varsity Lakes stations.
"Customers on the Beenleigh and Gold Coast train lines will need to allow up to an extra 60 minutes to travel this weekend," Mr Christie said.
"Buses will run between Dutton Park and Varsity Lakes stations with trains running between Dutton Park and Brisbane city stations, where customers can change to other lines.
"Airport line trains will run as per normal between Roma Street and the airport stations but Gold Coast customers travelling to the airport will need to allow extra travel time."
Maintenance being undertaken this weekend includes:
- signalling works at Kingston, Bethania, Holmview and Beenleigh
- level crossing maintenance at Beaudesert Road, Salisbury
- maintenance at various other locations.
People attending the following events should plan their journey with the closure in mind:
- Brisbane Lions vs St Kilda Saints at The Gabba on Saturday night
- Queensland Reds vs NSW Waratahs at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night
- Professional Bullriders' series at Brisbane Entertainment Centre on Saturday night.
Customers with a disability should phone 3606 5555 or SMS 0428 774 636 for assistance.
Normal train services will return to normal on Monday morning (16 July).
For more information about public transport, visit translink.com.au or phone 13 12 30, anytime.