Thursday 1 March 2012
Ferny Grove line closed between Bowen Hills and Ferny Grove stations
From 8pm Friday, March 2 to last services on Sunday, March 4
Buses will replace train on the Ferny Grove train line this weekend.
The Ferny Grove train line between Bowen Hills and Ferny Grove stations will be closed from 8pm tomorrow (Friday 2 March) to the last train on Sunday (4 March).
Works being undertaken this weekend include:
- Keperra to Ferny Grove track duplication project
- upgrade works at Newmarket and Alderley stations
- general maintenance.
TransLink spokesman Andrew Berkman said buses would replace all inbound and outbound trains on the line during the closure. Delays up to 60 minutes are expected.
"People will still be able to get where they need to go as alternative services will be running," Mr Berkman said.
The final trains to run before the closure will be:
- the 6.51pm Roma Street-Ferny Grove train
- the 7.28pm Ferny Grove-Roma Street train
Customers with a disability should phone 3606 5555 or SMS 0428 774 636 for assistance.
People attending the following events should plan their travel with the closure in mind:
- Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne Heart A-League clash at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night
- Future Music Festival at Doomben Racecourse on Saturday afternoon
- Tatts Race Day at Eagle Farm Racecourse on Saturday afternoon
- Queensland Reds vs Western Force Super Rugby clash at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night
- One Day International Cricket First Final at The Gabba on Sunday afternoon.
Normal train services will resume from first services on Monday 5 March. TransLink and Queensland Rail appreciate people’s patience as upgrade and maintenance works continue across the network.
For more information about public transport and services, including track closures on your line, visit www.translink.com.au or phone 13 12 30, anytime.