A large number of students request work placements with TransLink each year. We are committed to supporting Queensland universities by offering places to a small number of students to join us for a semester, and are very pleased to contribute to the community in this way.
How to apply for an undergraduate work experience placement
Make sure you have approval from your university to complete a work experience placement, then download the 2015 work experience application form (PDF, 50KB) and email it with your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are short-listed there will be an interview, then TransLink will contact applicants by phone or email to either offer you a place, or advise if you have been unsuccessful.
- School-based work experience is considered on an ad hoc basis.
- There are 2 work placement intakes each year: semester 1 starts early March, semester 2 starts early August.
- Students are able to work 2 days maximum per week for 1 semester for a maximum of 14 weeks in total.
- Students must be covered by university or school insurance policy prior to commencement.
- All work experience placements are unpaid.
- Undergraduate work experience placements are managed by TransLink's Business Improvement Team in conjunction with the Graduate Program.
- Holiday/vacation jobs are advertised on the website when available.
Transport and Main Roads Graduate Development Program
Through the Transport and Main Roads (TMR) Graduate Development Program, you will join a network of dedicated professionals working to keep Queensland moving. Visit the TMR website for more information.